Thursday, January 19, 2012

Simple and Clean (No, not that Simple and Clean)

Video students always ask me about how to make music videos with limited time, budget, and actors.  Most want to have the actual band in the video.  This is a feat that is near impossible.  Beyond that, videos with the band playing music are incredibly boring.  I don't mind a shot or two of the band doing their thing but, to me, nothing is worse than sitting there for three or four minutes watching some guy/girl trying to be cool/sexy. 

Omodaka, a design and music group from Japan, work around this quite well.  This video is simple, effective, and could be done with one camera, a green screen, lights, and basic editing software.



kyoteizinc (video mix) / omodaka (far east recording)
dir.: hiroshi kizu (P.I.C.S.)
dancer: masako yasumoto
 
This one is a little bit more complicated, but it's such a great video, I had to include it.

Kokiriko Bushi - omodaka
dir.:teppei maki

No comments:

Post a Comment